15 things an independent woman would like to tell the men in her life
Aug 22, 2016
- You are enough. As you are. I am not an investment company looking at your bank balance or your vehicle or watch.
- I am not Cinderella. I don’t need a knight in shining armour or a deadline. I am not looking for one either. Any notions to do with this ideal must be chucked out the window. Now.
- Love is not a weakness. It is the single most powerful choice any human being can make. Stop pretending it doesn’t matter when we all know it does.
- How many women you have ‘fucked’ is not going to impress me. Nor does it make you a “man”. It merely means you are akin to an animal if you hold it as the single most impressive thing about yourself. Can you make love? That is impressive.
- Stop bullshitting yourself and stop bullshitting me. I know your pain and I know you hurt. I don’t see it as a weakness. Everybody hurts. Sometime.
- I don’t need a man in my life to complete me. I am complete as I am. Whatever a man brings would be a bonus and would be something new we create. You are not the plug to my socket. That is old trash. Get over the notion.
- You don’t need to “find someone” for me. Your duty in life is not that. That is my choice. Leave it to me.
- Stop telling me I am “like a man”. I don’t think being assertive is a problem. Your fear of handling me is the problem.
- There is no shame in showing your emotions. Heck we are all emotional. It’s what makes us human. Unless you’re dead, which you aren’t so stop pretending.
- You are not your past. It taught you something, so move on. You cannot expect to see the future when you are still clinging on to the past. It’s over. Get over it.
- You are not defined by your school, your family, your friends, relatives or your belongings. Social constructs, generalisations or archaic ideals. You are defined by the life you choose to lead, the values you choose to uphold and your self respect and integrity. Nothing Else Matters.
- Love yourself. Please. And learn to forgive yourself. If not you will never be happy and can never be who you truly are.
- Need help? Ask. I am here for you. But you gotta ask man, coz I ain’t omnipotent. Everybody needs somebody, you’re not the only one.
- Life is not fair. Deal with it. It waits for no one and things never go as planned. So stop feeling sorry for yourself, get off your ass and get going. It’s called maturity.
- I have no clue where I am headed, but I know I’m on my way. Either on a Highway to Hell or a Stairway to Heaven. Join me sometime, you may be surprised.☺